1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Super Victor Carb style EFI intake and stock 351 distributor?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Mike SVOR, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Mike SVOR

Will the stock Ford 351 EFI distributor fit with an Edelbrock Super Victor EFI (carb style) intake?

I have a brand new MSD Billet distributor, but have to send it back due to AEM computer not being compatible with it.

So will the stock ford 351 EFI distributor hit the intake, or will it fit fine?

2. Andrew

You need the small diameter cap distributor from MSD. Look on edelbrock's website and they'll tell you which model.

3. Mike SVOR

I can't use an MSD distributor at all. AEM fuel injection computer won't support it.

:(

4. Andrew

Perhaps there is an adapter kit to put a small cap on a stock style distributor? I know
    that for the '94-95 cars the TFI wasn't even mounted on the distributor.

5. Mike SVOR

I don't think the problem is the cap hitting,
    It will hit on the bottom of the distributor and the water cross over passage.

6. Andrew

That's why they go with the smaller diameter cap/housing.

7. 66 AC COBRA

a long itme ago i had a 351w victor jr carb intake coverted to efi and i was running a msd sn95 efi dist and it cleared, it was not reduced base etc,standard carb dist wont fit, but my efi did??

i think a stock 351 efi dist will fit, well it would on a vic jr, not 1005 sure on a super

8. 67turbostang

I would be more curious (sp?) about how you managed to make a 302 dist fit on a 351, since the difference in deck height makes the teeth not engage the cam correctly, nor is that dist shaft long enough to reach the oilpump drive shaft.

I jsut tried a 351 dist on a 351 with a victor jr that I have here at the shop, and it fit just fit... but it doesnt have a cap on it, but it shouldnt change anything. However, I was using a carb'd dist, so it didnt have the tfi module on it. You could, of course, just relocate the tfi module if that is what is in the way.

9. 5.0_RAY

I have the Super Victor with a stock 351 EFI dist and it fits fine. I had trouble with a MSD dist and the VIC JR when I was running a carb though.

10. tom351

i know it clears on a victor jr. i dont know if the super victors water crossover is higher or not...i know they do make conversion caps...if it still wont fit send it to me and ill lower the crossover and tig it back up so it will...