1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

sumped tank set up help

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by My94GT, Oct 27, 2010.

1. My94GT

im getting ready to set my car up with a sumped tank set up. so far i have -8 an lines from the regulator to the rails and a -8 return with an adapter hooked back into my stock return line.

i have a sumped tank and a magnaful 650 pump to go on. im mainly looking for pics or info as to what fittings i may need to run a feed line from the pump to the regulator, and what people have done for the return line as far as making it work with the stock tank. i was thinking about making a plate to go where the stock pump drops in and welding a fitting on so i can hook the return line up to that.

thanks for any help
    Eric

2. conbread

my old car with a sump and magnafuel pump.. -10 out of the tank to the pump, and -10 all the way up.. it made 938rwhp like this.

3. yellowpony

Ideally you want the pump mounted lower than the sump, reduces stress on the pump. On my 750 pump, magnafuel recommended a -12 line from the sump to the pump to create a large "head" of fuel before the pump. I used one of their -12 to -8 fittings to the pump, a 100 micron filter before the pump, and a -8 feed to the reg, -8 to both rails and a -6 return. Has supported all my demands.

Anthony

4. smokedya

pics?

5. revn351

I'd map it out first to see which way your gonna run your lines. What works for one car may not work for your car. Im running a -10 feed and -8 return. Ive used a some 90* fittings and straights and even some 180's.

6. My94GT

thats a good looking set up conbread, no issues with only running a pre filter?