1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Any turbo late model hemis?

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by kenneth11, Jan 1, 2010.

1. kenneth11

I just got a 1993 ford ranger in the shop today and the owner wants to run a hemi in it! Not just any hemi, a Late Model one with a large 106mm turbo! The truck has a 25.5 cage in it with a 9in rear. I know that know one has swapped a hemi into a ranger because there is no point but has anyone ever built a competeive race engine out of one with a turbocharger?

2. turbofreek

ive not seen one make over 1100hp without head sealing issues. ive read and have been told by several builder the heads are thin decked and cant stay sealed. then i ve seen(in a mag of course)that the heads are plenty thick. i gave up on trying to find valve train parts sufficient enough to handle higher rpms and strong vlave springs. so i went with an lsx in my dart. i really wanted to run the new gen hemi aswell, but its just not available in the aftermarket to make a go at it yet. maybe somebody will have some rockers under 2500 bucks for them by then? :doh:

3. kenneth11

I see why the Lsx platform is so good. but my did you have to put a chevy in it!!!! LOL. I was hoping that someone would have been building these things already.

4. turbofreek

i was looking for a reliabe power plant that had valvetrain available to handle the rpms and massive amounts of spring pressure it takes to hold valves closed with a 106mm turbo

5. dusta340

our shop just finished a new style twin turbo magnum it made 687 to the tire at 5000 rpm then the trans decided to jump out of gear
    here is a link to the build. we did all the fab work and dynoing but the tune is comming from dioblo cmr

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=168135

6. turbofreek

687hp is not even a ball park of power hes looking for with a 106mm.

and we dont want to see you pushing your shop name on here without being a sponsor. you keep talking about what your shop does. please keep it to yourself or become a site sponsor.

7. dusta340

he asked "Any turbo late model hemis?"
    i have worked on one and sent him a link to the build thread that some info on the motor and what was in it some some other info i thought would be usefull. i never mentioned anything about my shop other that we just finshed it up. or even mentioned the name of my shop. so if that offened you or any one else im sorry

8. 99TTGT

hellion makes a twin kit that will support 1K.
    we have mess with a few , but they don't last long without a built short block....

9. KB

:doh:

10. BLWN1

Not turbo but should be some big power... just found it but Im sure there is some big monies in it.

11. 72swinger360

There's alot of really cool late model mopars that come out of that shop. Cool link

12. MagnumDak