1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Suggestions for timing map

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by punched 281, Apr 29, 2016.

1. punched 281

Finally got the turbo stuff on the turd.

I'm wondering what you guys are doing for timing.

I'm running a mix of 30% 110 and 70% 91 for fuel. Eventually I'll be wanting to be at about 18psi but for now I'll be at around 10psi. It's a blow thru carb with a front mount so should be cool intake temps too.

What are your thought for a timing map?

2. Turbod_86_stang

I ran my 93 oct turbo setup locked at 20deg and had no problems. New setup is 35deg that pulls to 20 after 15#. So basically i am pulling 2 deg per lb after 5 degree but never taking more than 20 out at full boost.