1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

stud vs shaft type rocker?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by kilrhq, May 3, 2009.

1. kilrhq

Hey all,
    Im piecing together my sbc (355) this weekend and next weekend, i have brodix track 1's (std layout), SMRE cam (solid roller), Pac springs (#1225, they are 250lbs@2"). Looking for 1000hp level, what in your opinon is needed rocker wise, i need a 1.5 ratio on both inlet and exhaust.

2. kilrhq

forgot to add i was recomended to use the comp cams pro magnum roller rockers (part # 1304-16), whats your thoughts?

3. allmotor65stang

well i went to a shaft rocker do to the fact i have a big cam (solid roller) and high spring pressure.. i was going to run the same rockers but then when you add the price of a stud gurdel i was only spending about $100 more for shaft rockers..

4. TTAWD

If funds will only allow for stud rockers the best setup is to put 3/8 rocker studs
    in the heads and use 3/8 rockers and a girdle.

The trunion has more meat left in it with the smaller 3/8 hole and the girdle will
    take care of the deflection.

I have traded several sets 7/16 studs and rockers for the smaller setup and added
    a girdle.

But if you have the funds shaft rockers are the best choice.

5. wgsr-1

Shaft mounts? Yella Terra.