1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

STS Turbo and AlkyControl!

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by F8L Z71, Jun 9, 2004.

1. F8L Z71

I can't say enough about these 2 companies!

The customer service is excellent on both sides. I have a custom setup from both so it wasn't an off the shelf and ship it out the door type thing and both places have returned calls and even called to check on progress to see if there was naything else I needed or if they could offer any advice. That is totally cool IMO!

Beyond customer service the products themselves worked exactly like they were supposed to and exceeded my expectations.

The Alky kit may be of special interest to you Ford guys since STS doesn't make anything for you.

My IATs before the Meth were 160deg which is WAAY high to run full timing and not get knock. I was able to run 18deg on 13psi of boost with the Meth kit running so it had to be cooling things down quite a bit. I don't have an intercooler other than the long intake pipe from the rear mounted turbo which does some of the work.

So for those of you thinking about doing a bigger intercooler or having cooling issues you might wanna look into this kit. For like $400-450 you can have some major cooling AND help with octance requirments. Alot fo the Buick GN guys are able to run 25psi+ on pump gas with this setup. :)

AlkyControl Alcohol Injection Systems

Squires turbo Systems REAR MOUNT TURBO

STS FAQ

2. BigRy

www.alkycontrol.com

I know Julio personally, he does all the wrench time on my buddys GN, and hes an outstanding guy, never talks down on people, and gives them a way better of understanding for his control system. Thats who I am buying my kit from without a doubt.