1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Strut tower notch with DDMI/INCON

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 73Runabout, Oct 8, 2005.

1. 73Runabout

Im putting an old school DDMI kit on a buddies car. I havn't had a chance to put in new engine mounts and test fit the turbo/manifold assemblies. I am just wondering if anyone knows if I will have to notch the strut tower for this kit. Thanks.

Tony Reiners

2. Steed93

It all depends on what kit he has. If he has the smaller 600hp kit, he won't have to notch the frame, if it is one of the larger one's, he will have to notch it. I think the smaller kit has 28mm inlets.

3. DDMI302

I have a DDMI kit with the small T-25 turbo's and I did not have to cut the frame rail.

I just had to hammer it in just a little bit.

4. 73Runabout

Can anyone help me figure out what turbochargers I have? I wasn't aware there were multiple sizes of ddmi kits as well. they have a .86 a/r exhaust housing and a .60 a/r compressor housing.

Thanks,
    Tony Reiners

5. DDMI302

I think all the DDMI kits had the T-25's but I could be wrong.

Some people have put the T-28's on the old DDMI kits.