1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Engine offset?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by vortechranger, Mar 11, 2005.

1. vortechranger

I made up a motor plate for my 94 mustang today and it made me wonder if fox bodys have the same engine offset as sn-95's.
    I didn't even know there was a offset untill i started measuring the engine bay and found out there is a 1" offset towards the passenger side. I would assume fox's are the same because there k-members are the same, but if someone knows for sure that would be great.

2. Disney Lincoln

1" sounds right to me. They are offset. All Fox body cars are. 4 and 6cyl too.

3. vortechranger

offset

I also lowered the engine 1.5" and pushed it back 1" and I was going to center it in the bay but the trans tunnel is offset. If I centered the engine it would push the trans up against the tunnel and mess with the driveshaft alignment.

4. dug

any reasoning as to why the motor would be offset 1"?

5. Underpsi

Brakes and steering.