1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

stock o2 sensors with single front mount turbo build.

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Jon1440, May 25, 2018.

1. Jon1440

2002 silverado, front mount turbo on passenger side. Drivers side exhaust runs to passenger side through a log style manifold. My stock post mounted o2 sensors have been removed. Only the fronts are still in place. I heard people say leave the front o2 sensors. The way I'm looking at it is, my drivers side o2 would read correct, but my passenger side would be reading, what the drivers side has already read. I'm guessing I would only need one. I also have a wideband installed. Should the o2 sensor be installed just prior to the turbo, so it could read all eight cylinders? Or do I even need the o2 sensors, being I have the wideband? I'm also learning on hp tuners and currently tuning on SD 2 bar. Thanks for the help

2. Traction Issuez

Put all three in the downpipe 6-10 inches after the turbo