1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Stock GT valves

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by screaming01l, Apr 2, 2012.

1. screaming01l

Can anyone tell me if the stock GT valves are as good as or better than manley racemaster valves? I have a complete heads, valves springs and all. But also have 20 racemaster 1mm over 9stock gt) intake valves and 4 exhaust valves, so id need to buy 12 more, or just stay with the GT valves. looking at running 24 psi on a 9.25 to 1 motor.

Also, any thoughts on the L&M modular spec'd pistons vs the MMR 2500R manley pistons?

2. jdl2z

I like the L&M pistons. Ive not heard much feedback on the MMR pistons yet, but seems like they offer many different options as well

3. 99TTGT

Aftermarket is always better..
    Manley pistons or Je are the way to go... :2thumbs:

4. screaming01l

I am going with the MMR2500R pistons custom made, just waiting for some funds to return to me, had to buy some high end parts for a job im doing. As far as valves, I have 20 intake valves and 4 exhaust valves, so 12 more exhaust and im good, BUT the GT ones do look undercut on the stems. I was told they are ferra valves.