1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Stock 5.3 went 7.976 8th

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by patl, Oct 27, 2016.

1. patl

Since my 383 block was all cracked up I went to the junkyard and got a high mileage 5.3.
    To my surprise they really are ready to race motors for 600 bucks...:laughhard:and it had a 1.594 60ft to boot.
    Now I can't make my mind up on boost or cam only...

2. Forcefed86

Used ls1 cam of any year, valve springs, and a $190 shipped Gt45. Welcome to LS... My first $220 5.3 long block went 8's in the 1/4 with an OEM cam ;)

55Chevy likes this.
  3. patl

Thinking the same thing...

4. voodoochassis

a local here has set track record on a stock 4.8 shortblock at 5.11 in a 1/8th with just a cam and valve spring change and a sweet tune..on not sure of the turbo size.just fuel for thought

5. Forcefed86

Sweet. Name? Any chassis info like weight? Aftermarket heads?

6. patl

That's crazy...

7. voodoochassis

www.colephoto.net under phillip5.18pass at brainerd drag strip and on his post on dri racing tells intire setup

8. patl

Well it doesn't look like this old motor is gonna quit. Been beating it for over 2 years now, so..........
    Gt45 is on the way as well as some other things.
    Need to learn a new way to post pic's since photobucket took a dump....Should be starting a new thread soon.

55Chevy and MCA like this.