1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

boost control ?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by mike1174, Jan 1, 2008.

1. mike1174

Hey everyone,
    I recently picked up a turbo car that has a dfi and a 76mm HP turbo on it. My question is how do you control how much boost it can/will make? I am completely new to turbos, i know i have seen car with a manual boost controller but this car does not have one.

Also how much boost/ power can a hp76mm make and i also see when people are talking about .xx AR?? What is that ?

Thanks

2. R1ERIC

do a "search", try to find some pics that explain how a boost controller works. As far as power and boost of the t76, it really depends on your entire setup. If you have all the supporting parts, I would ballpark 800-900hp? TTT for ya!!!!

3. mike1174

Thanks, i guess i should have also said there is no boost controller on this car, so i dont see a way to control it

4. 86lxnotch

its controlled by the spring n the wastegate. do a bit of searching and you will come up with your answers

5. mike1174

Thank you i will.

6. factoryengine

Any pics of your car.

7. R1ERIC

Also how much boost/ power can a hp76mm make

HP's website says that turbo will support 1000 hp.