1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What valves for BBC??

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by blowthru66, Dec 16, 2007.

1. blowthru66

What valves should I buy for my dart 325 heads? I sucked a bunch of valves that came with the stock dart heads. Going to a better valve. Plan on running 20-25 psi boost. Any opinions?

2. Injected65

On the higher HP cars that we have been involved with we have run Ti valves on the intake and exhaust on the blower cars and Ti intake and Ferrea Super Alloy (or Inconel) on the exhaust.

Chris

3. turbonova70

I just run a Ferrea severe duty ss intake and inconel exhaust. No problems

4. BlownShovel

5. blowthru66

Yes, Going to run the f-2. Probably 20psi is all it will see but ya never know....

6. HeatleyRacing

I ran Ferrea stainless valves on my Dart Pro 1 355 CNCs with an F2 Procharger , 28 lbs of boost and NO ISSUES.. Swapped them over to Super alloy this year for my turbo set up.
    I have the 2.300 intakes and 1.880 exh valves for 2" installed height still if you want them Ill hook you up cheap.

Inconel and Super alloy valves are great for the turbo heat but the extra $$ is not neccessary for blower set ups.

7. blowthru66

The heads are at the machine shop right now but I am pretty sure it had a 2.25 intake valve in them. I will find out. Are valves a wear item? or if they are not hurt they are still good to go? Thanks

8. HeatleyRacing

The should be fine for years of use. Mine always have been..

9. Robert1320

The valves don't wear too much. But you should have them checked.
    The blower is easier on them than a turbo. My only suggestion is if
    you are running 11/32 valves DO NOT run undercut stems on the exhaust.

10. Pontiac4ever

I'm running standard Ferrea severe duty SS valves in mine. I don't run valve seals on the exhaust side either. I've heard that some machine shops will run a little looser clearance on the exhaust valve guides for better lubrication.

I've got a set of Ferrea 2.25" valves that I'd let go cheap if you need them. They came out when I had 2.300's installed.

Craig

11. blowthru66

I was wrong. They are 2.30 intakes