1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Machinist's or block gurus. 69'windsor block

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by going turbo, May 28, 2006.

1. going turbo

What does the 9.48 deck height on the 69' windsor effect? Anything?

2. Bellman Jeff

Nothing really... Intakes fit without a problem.. And most piston kits are designed with the 9.48 deck height in mind..

If you're doing a custom combo..Or a zero balanced Eagle crank that requires a 6.20 inch rod.. You might have to get custom pistons, if none can be found on the shelve..

3. mike wilson

That's not the way I understand it. I started to build one, but found out they're only good for ~700hp so it became a lot less important. I've been told that 95% of the pistons off the shelf are for the 9.5 deck height, and it makes fitting stuff a pain. I had actually figured a way to use a 3.45 crank, 6.120 rods, and stock 302 production pistons and have it all fit. I should point out that I personally never got to the point I was trying to fit pistons, and haven't butted heads with it, just what I've heard.

4. Bellman Jeff

Nope, that's not the case... Here's a chance for you to see for your self.. Go here http://www.probeindustries.com/Pistons/Pistons_SRS/Ford/351W/UPDATED/Ford_351W.htm
    That's Probe off the shelve pistons for the 351.. They give the stroke.. The rod lenth..And the piston compresson height.. Add them together and see what you come up with.. Remember..You have to divide the stroke in half, cause half the stroke is below the crank center line.. And the other half is above..