1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Hemi Injectors

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by 1970ios1, Oct 19, 2005.

1. 1970ios1

Does anyone know the size/type of injectors that are on a 2004 5.7 hemi out of a Durango? I'm trying to dtermine if it's a usable component for a jy tt setup. There's so little info on the web about these engines ,still!

2. Anthony Fury

This is educated speculation, but I'd say "Pencil style," and 19lb/hr (probably useless).

What are you going to be "junkyarding" these into? A set of 8 (more conventional) 42# Bosch-stylees are in the mid/low $200 range on eBay all day.

3. 1970ios1

Anthony, well actually I just picked up a 5.7 hemi for my next project and am trying to nail down all of the specs on the motor to get a starting point. At 19# (I got 22 or 24# from another site) it isn't going to cut it for a tt setup, so I guess I'll have to add injectors to the list of parts to get as well. Funny how lists can grow real fast! Now to go and find some TB's as well. If I can get off this site, lots of good stuff!

4. 57t-bird

tting the 5.7?
    let us know how the timing goes

5. CW25

Careful of the pistons they are the weak point.

6. 1970ios1

As far as timing goes I'll probably use the factory trigger point or fab up a front trigger. I'm not using the oem computer so the sky is the limit there. The pistons are actually quality pieces, the rings are another story kinda wimpy but they should be adequate as long as I keep a check on detonation. I'll be working real hard to keep a quality cool charge going into those cylinders.

7. CW25

The problem with the pistons is that they carry the ring very high on the piston, about a 1/8" or less fron the top and are cast. Not that decent HP can't be run on cast.