1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

standalone or blowthru!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by mostdef, Dec 21, 2010.

1. mostdef

ok i need help and opinions!!! i currently have a 87 gt ttop stock block, tfs heads, f cam, edle brock rpm2 upper/lower, 70mm turbo and was given a classic fast b2b setup! i will be building a 331/347 dart or boss! made for lots of boost! this car will be driven to and from the track! now i love the fact u can tune on a laptop but just the look of a blowthru says it all for me!!! being said that what do u guys think? power goals will be 600 minimum! lol also if this isnt the right section sorry ahead of time! if someone can point me in the right direction would help a lot! thanks

2. 10secgoal

Shit, if you got it to for free, RUN IT SON

3. mostdef

lol well i basically traded my maf and current injector set up for the system!!! ill take pics of my current set up when i get home! i love the simplicity and neatness from a blow thru carb!

4. john01374

Fuel Injection..... Either will work fine but EFI is so much simpler to tune once you learn a couple of tables. On top of that you'll be able to read every sensor in the car with the touch of a button and know the actual A/F ratio...

5. chiaj144

I have to disagree. Fuel injection relies on many more sensors that can go bad. I chased problems on my first car for a whole summer. Never did figure out what was causing my issue. I went to carb and haven't had an issue tuning it since. I know my actual A/F ratio and if the car does act up I only have a couple of things to look for. I didn't like the idea of taking the car to get tuned everytime I made an upgrade or changed the boost level.
    I would go with whatever system you are more familiar with. I have alot more experience with a carb so that's why I prefer it.

6. mostdef

im use to FI but would so much rather have a nice celan set up like the blowthru has!!! im thinking its time to put this up for sale and buy my a good carb set up for my boost application!

7. xr8tt

YEP the same goes with EFI tuners,, Go to the people that know your ECU !!!
    If you know CARB OR algorithms go for it !!!