1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

stall speed for turbo ls4 with 4t65ehd?

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by dratts, Nov 12, 2010.

1. dratts

We are deep into the 2008 ls4 install in my murcielago replica. We're planning on the turbo kit next year and want to upgrade the trans now with a 300m input shaft and 7/8 chain. I'm not famiiliar with stall speeds on the torque converter and I don't know how high I can go with the stall. I would like to get a good launch and I assume that a high stall speed will give me that, but I don't want to make it unusable for the street. I am not planning on spending all of my time at the strip and want a car that is practical on the street. Can I go too high on the stall speed or does the tc lock out make all stall speeds practical?