1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Stage 8 locking header bolts

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by jdk, Jun 5, 2005.

1. jdk

Will this work on HP turbo headers? The reference guide at stage8.com calls for hex head bolts, but the HP kit uses 6 point bolts.. Wondering if anyone has tried these on HP headers..

http://www.stage8.com/Automotive.htm#

2. 32VGT

I duno if they would work, but....
    YOU NEED TO POST SOME VIDEOS OF THAT BEST....

Mine is up for surgery for the twins in less than a month!!

3. jdk

http://chronictel.net/videos/cobra/jdk_tt_cobra.avi

all I got for now.. she's back in the shop :(

4. soundfx007

Im using them on my HP turbo kit, super mega pain in the butt if you ever have to take them back off.

5. screaminr1

Let me know how it works out. I'm using the same bolts on my HP kit and it is going in next weekend. Also curious, what size injectors you using and what fuel upgrades did you do?

6. jdk

I'm using Siemans Deka 60 lb/hrs and the kenne bell BAP. I will probably go return with low impedance injectors next, but I have not decided yet.

As for the stage 8 bolts, I'm not sure I want to use them now.. I thought they were supposed to be easy on/easy off when you want.. I'm also not sure those hex head bolts will fit since the HP headers use a regular 6 point bolt..

7. onefaststang

They come with a 6 point bolt. I just put a set in my truck the other night. They are not that difficult to go on. Screw in like any other bolt, slide the retainer over the head, and stick an E-clip on it. A flathead screwdriver helps with removal.

8. screaminr1

I have the same injectors. I am doing a return system with twin focus pumps in the cobra tank. IF I have to I will add a boost a pump but those flow 510lph together vs the cobra pumps flowing 380lph. What kind of power have you made so far?

The video has me anxious, very nice.

9. Andrew

hex = six.

10. jdk

It's made around 600 rwhp with plenty of pump still there.. We're still planning on turning the boost up a bit.

Do you still use the FPDM with the setup you're using? If so I think the Focus pumps may fry it..

11. screaminr1

Yeah, I have heard a few rumors of that but no substantial evidence that I can nail down. I don't think there is an upgrade for it either. There was an issue of MM&FF that pro-m was showing the set-up and recommended an upgrade to the cobra module but I checked the part number they listed and it's the same. I tried to call them but they went out of business and were bought out by superchips. Plus, this thread had alot of info :

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8017&page=1&pp=30

But I think we are going to test it ourselves. Adding the boosta pump is an option but no one has done the focus' as return that I have found.