1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

"U" shaped intercooler install problems

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 94Blue302GT, Mar 19, 2005.

1. 94Blue302GT

| |__________| |
    |_____core_____|

That's what it looks like laying on it's flat side. It's an isuzu NPR intercooler. What have you guys done in order to install these in your car, not just the isuzu, but any like that style. I"m looking for a simple way to mount it and run the piping. If i put the in/outlets out the front side of the car, i have to put them on the bottom, under the bumper, because the healights are in the way. If i put them on the bottom, however, i either have to hang it REAL low, or cut out part of the metal bumper (neither of which i would like to do). IF i put the in/outs towards the back of the car, then I have the problem of having to buy a new radiator. I don't want to do that either! How are you guy's doing this?
    Lee

2. 19COBRA93

You'll either have to hang the intercooler really low, or ditch it and go with something that actually fits.

I'm a cheap bastard too, but sometimes things just won't fit no matter how many times I swear at it.

3. 94Blue302GT

what about aftermarket intercoolers, or junk yard ones? Are there any good ones to fit between this thing?
    24" X 18"

4. stang6990

havnt you learned anything yet... get a bigger hammer :D

5. 94Blue302GT

well, i think i'm going to go to the junk yard and try to find a different radiator to fit in there. I don't think i'll have much of a cooling problem because the stang radiator is pretty stinkin small.