1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

what size injector do i need to run ?????

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by turbomike76, Dec 27, 2007.

1. turbomike76

Looking to make around 850 rwh out of an auto, i was running 50 pound injectors at 18 psi and i was making 575 rwhp...

2. 70stang

I would do a matched set of 96lb injectors.

3. turbomike76

how about some 71 pound injectors ???? anybody running them on there car ?

4. turbomike76

all these turbo cars on here and only one person ??????????????????????????????? WTF where is everyone at on this topic :feedback: :feedback:

5. Chris Barnes

Nobody has responded because you didn't give any information to work off of. I'll give it a shot:
    Really depends what your options are. If you're running the stock EECV than the high Z 60lb units will be your best option, but not enough injector for your desired goals. Your only option at this point is to build on hell of a fuel system and run the base pressure very high to make the injectors act larger. Keep in mind this option is tricky and very hard on pumps, etc to keep up with the demands of the high base pressure.
    If you are running an aftermarked EFI system that will run low impedance injectors then put 83lbs in it and be done.

One more option: If you are using the EEC you could always purchase a low impedance injector driver box from acceleronics and run whatever you like.

6. 99TTGT

I agree.
    I max out the 83lbs @ 888rwhp with a base fuel of 39psi.That said, you will not whant to run the injectors more than 85% duty cycle wich the 96 lbs will be perfect up to 1k...<being safe>
    each combination is diferent but 96lbs are a good option ..
    If you still want to run 83s i got a use set 4 month old......
    I hope this helps