1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Spark plug gap with a boost a spark

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by 1slo_turbo, Apr 14, 2014.

1. 1slo_turbo

was getting spark blow out at .023 gap. Decide to get a kb bas. What kinda gap should I set the plugs at now? I wanna get the most for my money and help drivability

2. Jeremy

How much boost and whats your compression. Stock heat range or one step colder plugs?

I would shoot for the .028 range.

3. 1slo_turbo

Tr6 plugs. 10.7:1 comp. 15lbs. E85

4. Jeremy

.028 for sure, only gap smaller if you have to. The BAS is just going to be covering up a potential issue.

Are all the coil packs and plug wires good? Have you considered a swap to cop's I know that was a popular swap for awhile.

5. 1slo_turbo

Wires are fairly new Coil pack are screaming demons. They were on the car when I got it. I tryed opening gap to .035 with the boost a spark and it just instantly blow the spark out. As if the BAS was not doing shit. Iv put the gap back down to .025 and it seems to be fine. Have not really made a full pull. Problem is. I wanna raise boost and if there's allready spark blow out issues I don't see the point

6. fastspec2

I would go back to factory coils. But thats me.

7. Jeremy

You shouldn't be blowing out spark is the point, .025 gap should handle 20-25psi without blow-out. I agree with swapping out coils.

8. turboeverything

Stock coils and try again

9. 1slo_turbo

Ill grab a set of stock coils and see.