1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Spark plug gap 03 cobra

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by SHOWTIME!!, Sep 4, 2009.

1. SHOWTIME!!

We r putting nitrous on my freinds 03 cobra and we r just wondering what to gap the plugs at.

2. Stzang

Re: Spark plug gap

How much boost? turbo conversion or stock blower? intercooled? Right now just based on an 03' Cobra with stock blower and boost and assuming this is a dry kit with no more than a 150 shot you could get away with .024-.028 possibly .030. Higher boost with intercooler and such with more than a 150 shot and you'll be looking at .020-.022.

3. 99TTGT

BR7EF NGK here out of the box..
    Depends on the type of plugs that you use.
    Every application is diferent...

4. turbothis

i always went about .015" - .018" but this was old school motors.

5. SHOWTIME!!

I guess it would have helped if I would have posted more info. It's a stock eaton blower that has a stage 5 port job, 16 pounds of boost, it's a wet kit, and he is shooting 100 to it. It is getting a 110 octane race tune in it and he is running ngk tr6 plugs. Right now they are set at .023. We r just wondering if we need to open them up any or what.

6. tommygun

boost only TR6 gapped at .32

boost and nitrous BR7 gapped at .25-.28

get a boost a spark, it will help

7. SHOWTIME!!

So would a tr6 plug not work well with boost and nitrous with his set up? Even with only a 50 shot?

8. qcksnake

The TR6 will be fine. I liked the autolite 103 for a lot of nitrous. I think .023 is good. You might get by with .026 but .023 isnt going to blow out. DONT waste your money on a boost a spark.

FYI, on 23 pounds 2.3 whipple and 150 shot (wet) i ran .018 gap on autolite 103s and never had an issue.........

9. Dan03mach

I'd use a BR7EF NGK plug.

10. turbomike76

X1 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^