1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fuel pump wiring on 97 mustang

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by yoteehunter, Nov 6, 2010.

1. yoteehunter

I have a question on wiring in the 30 amp relay kit from aeromotive. For the power signal can I just use the stock pump power wire instead of putting in a swtich. Also is there some sort of factory reset switch in the trunk that I need to bypass or something? Im not sure what it does but it has something to do with the stock fuel pump wiring. :stupid:

2. blown99

That is what I did on mine. I did not bypass the safety switch though.

3. GoldenHP

I run a aeromotive fuel pump regulator and I use the factory key on for the switch. It works fine. But I must have a fualty switch sometimes when u turn it on it doesn't prime like it suppose too unless u try a few times but other the that it great

4. 99TTGT

me too..

5. Stzang

I ran a relay for each pump and used factory harness for switched power. Also allowed me to run 12 gauge fused from battery box to relays for power. I also have switches for each pump relay so I don't have to listen to pumps while ignition's on while I'm setting tune.

That safety switch is the inertia switch. Good idea to keep it cause if you're in a roll over or bad accident it kills pumps so engine won't run and in the event you have a fuel related fire caused by accident you won't be feeding it more fuel.

6. yoteehunter

Thanks guys my pump is for sure working and working well, I did keep the safety reset. I have a few other issues Im fighting.