1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My car is up for raffle, mods can you sticky?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by TS6, Sep 12, 2009.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TS6

Not sure if its cool if I post this here, but I figured it would make the most sense. If its a problem, just delete it. Copied and pasted:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

For the benefit of Mr. Sam Dennis who is battling cancer, we are offering for raffle a highly modified black 2002 Z28, 408 cubic inch, 850+ HP, blown, all built, clean, pump gas 9 second car. Car is legally sold as-is where is and is not legal for street use on US highways due to emission controls removed. The car is able to be run on the road if so desired, but not legal and should only be driven by individuals with proper training to handle a high powered vehicle-so car is to be driven at the new owners risk. There are 1000 tickets being sold at $40 each or 3 tickets for $100. Checks or money orders will be accepted and should be mailed to Gary E. Meyer 204 Browning Road Merchantville, NJ 08109 and is the designated administrator of the raffle. Payments will be made out to Mr. Sam Dennis and upon receipt an email confirmation will be mailed out with your ticket number only and will correlate to the ticket number drawn. At no time will the administrator purchase the tickets and drawing will be in a public place in Southern New Jersey on Saturday October 24, 2009 at 12 noon and ANYONE is welcome to come. Someone else's hand will go and draw from the physical tickets and the tickets will be numbered 1-1000. Owner need not be present to win and would pick up the car and keys in IL at Sam's house. Also, the process is welcomed to be audited afterwards to ensure all tickets are in the container so there is no issues of legitimate process involved and the process will also be videotaped. This car would be as-is, where is and is legally (lol) not street legal because of emissions equipment removed but I am told it should be fine to drive off road on life like roads. All payments would be sent to me personally but the checks and or money orders would be made out to Sam Dennis and not me. Payments then go in bulk to Sam before he turns over keys and will be cashed prior to auction to make sure the tickets are paid for. I get nothing for this expense wise or any other form of direct and or indirect compensation, however I have the legal authority on determining the winner and running the auction, but my books are open before, during and after the sale to any and all folks that enter. This is not tax deductable in any way and only benefits Sam with his ongoing medical expenses. To have a chance of a car with an approximate retail value of $30,000 and help support a great cause, please purchase tickets. For further information please contact Gary Meyer 856-486-7800 from 10-7 Monday through Friday or via email
    This content is protected
    and I am grateful to have the opportunity to help another American out for Americans by Americans. For a direct contrilbtuion to Sam, please send him a Paypal payment to
    This content is protected
    but you cannot use PayPal for the raffle and please use you for contributions in addition to the raffle, but we need to sell these 1000 tickets, so please spread the word and buy as many as possible. I know snail mail payments are not the easiest, but please everyone just pony up that way for the tickets and BUY A TON ;-) Please spread this message to other car boards or wherver too and thanks. I will post progress on this thread on ticket sales too-thanks. We need to move quickly on this and sell them fast! TY Gary

Gary

Thanks to everyone who can help, I truly appreciate it!

Sam

Link to info on car:
    http://www.viperalley.com/forum/anything-goes/78948-pics-videos-specs-my.html#post1214661

2. turbofreek

Sam I hope your health has not turned. Ill send some for tickets when I get a chance. God bless

3. TS6

Well, the cancer has spread to my brain. I found out back in the beginning of June. Had a very mild seizure, went to ER, (thought it was a stroke), found several tumors. Did radiation, taking drugs, doing what I can. I start a chemo drug monday, which is what spawned this project as the new drug is VERY expensive. We're talking more than the mortgage.

I don't advertise it alot, I'm not one for too much sympathy, but I need to sell the car as I can no longer work and it just wasn't happening so a couple guys have taken on the task of raffling the car to help me get some $$$ and also ease some stress on my end. I can't thank these guys enough for what they are doing. Truly great guys.

Feel free to post this on other forums, I can use all the exposure I can get. Many sites have sticky'd a thread for me, and for that I am truly grateful.

4. topfueldart

That is quite possibly the cleanest, meanest F body i've ever seen.... Extremely well done sir. I wish you the best of luck. I just may have to purchase a few tickets.

5. 10secgoal

PM me if you are interested. My mother when through a similar problem with tumor behind her eye that was causing migrains. That's when they figured it out. One doc wanted to pull her face open, remove the tumor and put her eye and the rest back. She found a doctor with a different approach. They pinpointed the tumor, put her in a halo with screws in her skull and used a form of laser chemo in low doses. But when you do it with 6 beams crisscrossing from different direction, all intersecting the tumor, rick is lower, as well as side effects of chemo. It works and tumor has been shrinking now for I think 5-6 years. If you at all interested, PM and I'll be MORE than happy to ask her for any info to help ya out.

6. TS6

Thanks

What they did is called "Gamma Knife" (here anyway, some places have different names) on her. Its not an option for me at this time because I have several tumors, not just one. I have done radiation (whole head) and start a chemo drug Monday. More radiation of any sort will have to wait for me. If we can get rid of some of the tumors I might be able to get a surgeon to the gamma knife procedure. Its all a waiting game.....

7. stangman9897

Sorry to hear this TS6 and hope the best for you. I kind of know what your going through, last year they found a mass on my colon the size of a quarter and wanted to do chemo and i would not let them. After some reserch i found an herbal formula thats been around two hundred years and is used for cancer and shrinking tumors. I use it every day and in nine months it is now the size of a dime and still getting smaller. If you would like more info PM me and i will turn you on to this formula. Like the guy told me what do you have to loose. I look back and think i made the right call. PS I will also buy some tickets to help you out. OH by the way my doctors are totally blown away with all this and the drug companys don't get rich i love it.

8. PrecisionTurboMustang

Sam,

Is the drawing going to be based around another fundraising event? If they are puting together some activities for the drawing I can provide entertainment equipment with all proceeds going towards treatment.I know we do lots of donations for people trying to raise money for cancer patients, let me know if there is a need there. We have inflatable obstacle courses, giants slides, moon bounces, rock walls, and small carnival rides. I will be sure to pick up some tickets as well and spread the word around. I can't imagine going through this and I hope you feel that you are not alone.

9. huffer

Is this a US citizen raffle only?
    My question is regarding the legalities of a "foreigner" purchasing tickets ...much like a lottery...(I am interested in picking some up)
    Does anyone have input on this?
    Thanks,
    Chris

10. TS6

You know, I have no idea? Gary has his phone number listed there, best bet is to give him a call monday and I'm sure he can help. Super good guy.

Thanks

11. TS6

Dude, thanks a ton for the offer!

I think the drawing is actually gonna be a very small event, and IIRC Gary has planned to have it at the local police station. No big event, just safe and secure and should be video'd for all kinds of reasons.

I really do appreciate the offer, I'm kinda blown away by everyones generousity throughout this ordeal.

12. chiaj144

13. Scott02GT

I will most certainly stick this and any other thread that will help you out Sam. we are all pulling for you

14. TS6

Means alot to me Scott!

Thanks for the help!

15. slowboat

TS6(Sam), You've brought me and countless others on here "entertainment" that couldn't be bought if you tried and it would just plain suck to lose you. I'll be sure to get a raffle ticket or just send a few $ to help you out. Best wishes, Jyme (like dime,that's my name)

16. Leftoverchinese

I saw your car's for sale thread on LS1 tech and it is one bad ass ride. I wish you the best of luck with your fight, man. I'll try to get a raffle ticket or two, but times are rough right now. September is the slowest month of the year in my business. :(

17. Andrade

i would like to buy 3 tickets if they are still available....

18. TS6

Sure are, just send check or MO to Gary at the info listed above, and thanks!

19. PrecisionTurboMustang

I emailed Gary earlier and he stated that the tickets were just starting to sell. Buy them up while you can!

20. stangman9897

I was just curious what happens if say only 400 or 500 tickets sell.? I will be buying a few tickets in the next few days. I have thought about this alot TS6 if by some strange reason i win your car and you beat this cancer i will make you a deal. I will sell you back your car for the price of the tickets i buy and the 1600.00 it will take to truck it to houston to give you something to FIGHT for. To beat this you have to have a strong will and something to fight for. I know selling your car is a very hard thing to do. The best of luck. CHARLES