1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

PTK 96-2003 Modular Kit Results

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Pro Turbo Kits, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Pro Turbo Kits

Since it is OK to post kit results in this section, we figured we should have some Dyno Numbers to compare to the HP Twin Kit.

Jeremy & Amanda Robertson - 2003 Mustang Mach 1

Pro Turbo Kits 99-2003 Turbo Kit w/ GT40-50 Turbo & 3 core Air/Air Intercooler

Auto Logic Chip by Murillo Motorsports

396 RWHP & 430 RWTQ at only 5 psi of Boost on 93 Octane Pump Gas

480 RWHP & 520 RWTQ at only 7 psi of Boost on 93 Octane Pump Gas

Kevin Miller - 1998 Mustang GT

Stock 5 Speed Transmission

Pro Turbo Kits 1996-1998 Turbo GT Kit w/ GT40-50 Turbo & 3 core Air/Air Intercooler

Auto Logic Chip by Murillo Motorsports

408 RWHP & 473 RWTQ @ 8psi of boost on 93 octane Pump Gas.

470 RWHP & 566 RWTQ @ 11 psi of boost on 93 octane Pump Gas.

]Dr. Dennis Harris - 2002 Stock Mustang GT

Pro Turbo Kits 1999-2004 GT Turbo Kit w/ GT40-50 Turbo & 3 core Air/Air Intercooler

Auto Logic Chip by Mike Murillo

453 RWHP & 543 RWTQ @ 9psi of boost on 93 octane Pump Gas.

562 RWHP & 644 RWTQ @ 9 psi of boost w/ 75 NOS shot on 93 octane Pump Gas.

2002 Saleen GT

Pro Turbo Kits 1999-2004 Turbo GT Kit w/ GT40-50 Turbo & 3 core Air/Air Intercooler

445 RWHP & 467 RWTQ @ 8psi of boost on 93 octane Pump Gas.

Just few results from cars that the kits were installed at PTK and dyno tuned by Mike Murillo using Draw Thru Mass Air Systems, NOT Blow Thru's. Driveability is just as important as power #'s in our opinion.

Some of these cars dyno sheets are on our web site in the kit results page. Our new Web Site is being finished and there will be dozens of Modular Kits Results w/ dyno sheets and customer comments in the next few weeks.

Pro Turbo Kits

2. Snipe656

Thanks for the numbers.

3. Trentk

I agree, thanks for sharing the numbers. It is good to have a central place to keep this stuff.

4. Alex332

:jawdrop:

never thought i'd see a 96-98 make that much torque

thats sick

5. Snipe656

Does Kevin's car have a unmodified motor? Or has it had PI heads added or something like that? Heck even with those added, still some good numbers.

6. Pro Turbo Kits

Not Sure

Snipe,

I know he had a built short block, but I am not sure on the heads? May have been upgraded to PI's, but not sure.

Keith

7. inertia

Nice numbers, what engine setup is Doc running Keith?

8. Joseph

FWIW the 480rwhp and 520rwtq was corrected numbers. The the uncorrected numbers were 422.3rwhp and 460rwtq. I've found that comparing corrected number is misleading especially when dynoing FI engines at higher altitudes. Corrected sea level numbers seem to be accurate though.

9. Pro Turbo Kits

Ineetia,

Doc is running 100% stock Gt Engine, he had a 75 nitous plate on the car and wanted to leave it so we did and he had Murillo burn a program for the 75hp shot as well as his regular tune up.

Joseph,

I have never been a supporter of "Check out htese dyno numbers" person, but I do think they are a good base indicator of performance.

Seat of the pants performance is what makes a customer happy or not!

10. Snipe656

For some reason I bet Doc ends up going into that motor if he gets happy with the nitrous button. I know I would if I had it, but heck upgrading is good it means more power usually. ;)

11. WhiteDevil69

How much do these kits run anyways, I have a 2003 Stock GT motor and am looking for a good turbo.. I just have catback and a O/R X from magnaflow and just got gears and a shortshifter. Other then that its stock.

12. Snipe656

Check out their website, www.proturbokits.com it has a complete run down of the pricing and what the kits include.

13. inertia

yup .. very true ...

14. BoostedToy

I'm getting ready to ship off my 1997 Cobra to PTK in a few weeks. I'll let you all know the results(If Keith gives the go ahead, it's a donor car...there are specifics with the agreement), . Should be fun. Hensler Racing built 4.6(98 block), Fox lake Stage II ported heads, T56. Mr. Murillo is going to have the go ahead to pump some #'s out of this setup. Thanks Keith, Greg, Luke and the rest of the PTK guys.