1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

SOME Questions on 4.6 Foxbody, turbo sizing etc...

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by qcksnake, Jan 10, 2009.

1. qcksnake

Im looking at running a single setup in a lightweight fox. Turbo 400 with 3.27 or so rear gear.

Expect the car to weigh in around 3000 tops....

the motor will be a teksid based 281 Setup close to my 03 cobra im running now ( runs 9.90s-10.0s at 3770 with 6 speed/IRS/ Twinscrew/NOS setup)

Question is?

i want to stay away from nitrous if at all possible. and id like to run the car at some bracket racing events so it needs to spool up and launch in time to cut a good light on a full tree with no hickups.

and i would like to run 5.50-5.70s at the slowest.

What would be the best choice on the TURBO?

What downpipe size?

What 2 STEP setup?

AND does anyone have any good photos of a setup like this in a fox?

I searched and my head started spinning at all the stuff so i just figured id ask.

THANKS.

jeremiah

2. Dan03mach

I just have one ? why do you want to run a mod motor in a fox? Personally I would put a stroked 351w in it with a 91mm but that is me. But since you are going mod motor I would put either and 88 or 91mm in it.

3. qcksnake

I have a few and personally i think for the $ its better.

Cant run the small block stuff at the HP level a TEKSID will hold and stock 4 valve heads will make more for less $

WOuld have to go dart block or similar with the small block for reliability.

I can get a complete 4v mod motor for low$ and put the 03 cobra rotating assembly in and RIDE.

Jeremiah

4. Excessive Motorsports

qcksnake- I totally agree with you on the price differences compared to the SBF. Are you looking to twin or single? I honestly would just put a 78GTS on it. That turbo will make more than enough Hp to get a car as light as yours down to the 5.50 range. As far as going faster, if you are looking to go much faster than that you could always go with a 88 or 91.

As far as downpipe size Im thinking 4 inch for the 78 and even bigger for an 88 or 91.

If you are looking to go that fast, instead of just buying a two step, why not just get a MSD 7531 Digital 7? Its a lil pricey but worth the money many people have a ton of success with it.

For a computer you I'd suggest either a BS3 or FASt system. You are also going to need a good boost controller. The AMS-1000 is the main one alot of people are using on cars going as fast as you want to.

Also, use the search button as little bit. There is a mod motor turbo setups thread that has plently of pics, and yes some of them are in foxes. https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108780.0

Hope this helps a bit.