1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Software question on standalone units

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by houdni, Jul 10, 2004.

1. houdni

just curious what standalones are there out there that support windows XP?

i think anderson's new unit supports xp. but what about fast and accel? i find it hard to invest in a solid standalone system such as fast and not use the latest software. i know you can pick up cheap laptops for win 95/98 but its like rolling the dice when itll crap out, and its not like you can go pick up a new laptop asking for win 95, 98. heck do they even sell win 95/98?

sure, why mess with something with thats already proven! but when the software becomes obsolete, then what?

2. TwinTurboStrokr

Electromotive's TEC^3 software (WinTec) runs within an XP environment..

3. Big Jay

AEM runs with XP.

4. ronlp

I could see a companys hastiness to upgrade a system to work with a new OS when you are talking about versions of an OS that have been proven to take years to get to the point where they work "ok". And by the time that happens, there is a new version, anyway (isn't xp gone next year?).

But I digress.....since no system is ported for OSX, even I bought a new XP notebook to run my AEM. I hope it was worth it.......:eek: