1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anyone done Sequential Ignition + Injection on an old Chevy Inline 6 cylinder?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 75hardtop, Feb 2, 2019.

1. 75hardtop

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has ever gone ahead with a Sequential Ignition + Injection setup on a Chevy Inline 6 cylinder? If so wouldn't mind seeing some photos of how it is all setup.

I believe you would need to run 2 trigger wheels, one on the crank and the other on the cam? Would be good to be able to run without the dizzy as this would provide more accurate timing.

Thanks

2. Mnlx

I haven't, but yes, for sequential you'd need both crank, and cam signals. You could run ls coils in wasted spark and bank, or batch fire injectors with just a crank signal though.

3. 75hardtop

Would like to run full sequential, not interested in a waste spark setup. What sort of tooth combination for the crank trigger and cam trigger is normally run?

4. Mnlx

It's been awhile since i've looked into it, but the 36-1 is common for a crank, and i've seen guys use a single on a dist with a vr sensor. Could also depend on ecu of choice, i'm only familiar with the Mega, and Micro stuff.

5. 75hardtop

Wonder if I would need the missing tooth if running a crank and cam trigger? I also want to avoid running a distributor if possible.

6. Mnlx

You wouldn't need the complete dist. How do you plan to drive the oil pump?

7. 75hardtop

Yeah good point, distributor can still stay there, just won't have anything to do with controlling the spark. Would like to run some sort of trigger from the actual cam.

8. Monzsta