1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

SN95 to Fox MAF conversion harness

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by VPR_KLR, Feb 11, 2004.

1. VPR_KLR

Does ford sell a part that will enable me to run a 94-97 MAF on my 89 coupe? How much?
    or
    does anyone know what wires to splice together (if that's even possible?

Thanks in advance

JR

2. white95v6

the 94-95 will work on you 89. but the 96up will not. and i don't think it would be worth your trouble to make it work if you can.

3. Yellow1995Cobra

As was stated, the 94/95 MAF will work fine. But they have 4 bolt flanges on them, so you may need to rig something up.

4. VPR_KLR

So then the electrical connections will not match up, right?

5. Yellow1995Cobra

The conector is the same. Its just the flange on the filter side of the MAF. It has a 4 bolt flange. You could just cut the flange off.

Why do you want to use a 94/95 MAF anyways? From what i have seen, people with 94/95 cars seem to have better luck with the FOX maf's. Not sure why, maybe a slightly different fuel curve..

6. VPR_KLR

couple of days age i bought a pro-m off off of ebay, and was wondering what mods i'll need to do

7. 034v

I use a Pro-M for a fox on my 95.. Works better for fabrication purposes. If you want to use a 94-95 MAF on a fox, then you will need the adapter for the filter/pipe, no electrical mods are needed.

8. VPR_KLR

thanks for your help fella's

hopefully i'll get my pipes fabbed up soon so i can post with some pics

9. random-strike

couldnt you just take the sensor out of the housing and put it into the housing of a fox maf? just the sensor part?