1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Losing spool and power with catback?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by lowboost2v, May 23, 2013.

1. lowboost2v

Right now 3.5in downpipe to a 2.5in SLP LM1 catback. I feel that there is room to improve with deleting the catback and just running a 3.5in pipe out of the front bumper. I would lose 25lbs or so maybe more? Then also lose the 2.5in part of the pipes from the catback. I have heard people pick up a faster spool time with the shorter downpipe which makes totally sense. It also looks b*tch has heck too! Any thoughts on this? I know when I graduate to a big snail and built motor this will happen anyways.

P.S how loud is it? I am running 3:55's with a 28in tire and so rpms aren't bad at all. Furthest I drivethe car is 2.5 hours maybe 3 times a year tops..

Thanks TTF,

Scott S.

2. 99TTGT

disconect the cat back & go for a drive then get back to us...

2007 DD,no exhaust, open down pipes , 3.5 down pipes 2 feet after turbo

3. lowboost2v

that sounds b*tchin! I will actually lose more weight than 25lbs bc of the 10foot of downpipe and v bands. Would it be dumb if I did it just for the looks? haha

4. 99TTGT

just try it
    and then you can fab up a new down pipe that exits were you want it