1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Largest injectors for MS2 batch fire?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Drac0nic, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Drac0nic

I've got an MS2 with 55lb/hr injectors and I'm going to send them to get cleaned and flowed. They're FMS 35s that were modified to be 55lb/hr. I guess decapping isn't exactly so new these days after all. The engine's a 383 SBC with a Holley Stealth Ram with about 400hp as a guess.

I've never quite gotten it to idle the way I've wanted and I think that injectors were part of that mix. I'm debating sending them off to get cleaned/flowed first or just plunking down for some new injectors entirely. If I were to get new injectors, what's the recommendations these days for a setup like this? It uses the standard size that would be used on a TPI/LT-1/5.0. I wouldn't mind future proofing to run E85 and/or turbo it later to the tune of about 650hp.

2. SpartanSV

Were the injectors flow tested after being modified? I run 72lb/hr decapped injectors in batch fire on a daily driven turbo V8. Zero idle issues.

If the injectors are flowing as they're suppose to then you should be able to get it to idle fine.

My money would be on a tune issue. Post a log and your tune if you want me to take a look.

3. Drac0nic

Have to install it into something else first, I just finished getting the hulk it was in ready to scrap sadly. Downsizing since I'm moving, so I am taking more engines than cars with me. I'm just trying to figure out how to regroup in the interim. I never had dead time specs for these injectors and I feel like that probably hurt me. Probably my own fault considering I have an oscilloscope and could have just hooked it into an injector resistor to get the readings.

I didn't modify them, they came with the HSR I bought. I figure since I have everything apart I will just get them flowed, or get new injectors. It sounds like the flow rate shouldn't be a limitation based on what you're saying provided the injectors don't have an insanely high dead time which is larger at idle than the required opening time.

4. Disney Lincoln

I like the Deka 80's. Used Deka 60s in the 79 this time around. Should be good to 600ish.