1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Rearend and back space help

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by ncrincon680, Apr 6, 2016.

1. ncrincon680

Hey guys,
    I know this has been talked about a lot and there are a lot of different threads on this topic but here is my problem I can't find an exact answer I'm looking for I have a 8.8 fox rearend that I'm planing on narrowing welding ends on and shortening I plan on using brakes off of a 94-04 mustang I was planning on narrowing the rear two inches and running 5.5 BS I want the tire to tuck under the lip I don't like it sticking out will this work I don't have mini tub and am using stock locations on all suspension. Any help would be greatly appreciated if this will not work can someone please tell me what I need to do to make the tires sit inside the lip doesn't have to be a lot because I know there isn't much room to begin with. Also I plan on using a 15x10 with a 275 60 tire

Thanks for all the help

2. Chuck L

Is this on your Yugo, or??:grin:

3. ncrincon680

Sorry it's on a 89 fox mustang

4. ncrincon680

Come on guys I know people have done this before I just need a little guidance before I do it has anyone got any advice

5. turbomalibuwagon

My advice having done this in a few gbody gm cars is pull the stock rear with the car on stands at ride hight place tire and wheel combo as you desire it to fit and measure for what you need . It's the only way to get exactly what you are looking for.

6. ncrincon680

Ok I guess that's what I'm going have to do I appreciate the reply thanks