1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

put new rear in car and the weight on drives side is alot more than passenger

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by joes69, Feb 19, 2015.

1. joes69

I just put in a new rear and ladderbars and notice theres a lot more weight on the drivers side then the passenger..The drivers is 3/4 inch lower than passenger.I put the crossmember for ladders in the same place as before just not sure why the load difference..You can look at the coilovers and see the springs on the drivers side are compressed more than the pass.Would this be ladderbars are higher or lower on one side.When you jack rear up you can see the drivers side compressing a lot more than drives..NOt sure whats going on just hoping for opinions to to help at least getting a starting point...This is a coil over car with ladderbar suspension.thanks in advance

2. KEVINS

1. Remove the front ladder bar bolt from the passenger side ladder bar.
    2. Adjust the ride height with the coilovers so it sits level side to side at full race weight. The left and right side springs will not be adjusted the same so do not even try to get them even. Just make it level.
    3. Lenthen/shorten the ladder bar adjuster to raise/lower the front of it until the front mounting hole lines up with the mounting hole on the crossmember.
    4. Slide bolt back in and tighten everything back up.
    5.Done.

ks

3. joes69

thank you for the reply.I did this and it worked out good.I have the weight looking good side to side and the ride height is dead on.I might have to make slight adjustments once I launch the car but so far so good..thanks