1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

small turbos not needing oil?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by pur pony, Apr 29, 2004.

1. pur pony

Does anyone know of any small turbos? do all turbos need external oil? Are there any self contained setups like alot of the new superchargers? I am looking for a turbo that could be used on a straight 4 cyl motorcycle. Just wondering if any of you turbo guys would know of something i could use.

thanks for any info

2. Traction Issuez

You need oil for lubrication. Those things can spin at 100,000+rpm, it's kinda important. Besides, just get some trick braided lines and do it up nice
    issuez

3. dug

word

4. dman

check on the "areodyne" turbos. they have a self contained oil "wick" that only needs refilling every few thousand miles... they ain't real cheap though!