1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

FiTech fuel command center 2, reviews?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by I6CJ7, Mar 28, 2019.

1. I6CJ7

Thinking of using the FiTech Fuel command Center 2 with a Holley super sniper for a turbo v8 build.. Anyone have thoughts or used one?
    This would keep the mechanical fuel pump on the block, feeding the command center. Then high pressure out.

2. fastspec2

I've never installed or bought one but i have been around a few rigs with them on the dyno. NA ls based swaps seemed to have all worked well with little intake or frame mounted pumps. Seems to be a bunch of "drift spec, yo" 240sx guys around here doing 5.3 or 6.0 swaps and most of them still use the factory little in tank pump. Still have to make sure the mechanical pump will still deliver enough fuel if you plan on running the thing at high demand for a long period of time. Long enough to use up the "cushion" of surplus fuel stored in the surge tank.
    I just really struggle with not running a proven aem 380/044/ect. and a decent return reg, but thats me.

3. B E N

The fuel command center is ok, I have a first gen one that's been modified, i got vapor lock if I didn't turn on the rear low pressure pump, so I got rid of the engine mechanical pump. I did this partly because I have a dual fuel tank system and all the conversion equipment and switching was going to get very expensive. I've never run the sump out of fuel with a max drain of about 300LPH. You are much better off to run an EFI tank conversion in most cases, no concern about vapor lock, quiet, reliable, low maintenance. however if your planning on off roading a lot the sumped system works very well in off camber situations.

I6CJ7 likes this.
  4. I6CJ7

What do you think would be the best bet for offroad then? I've read the command center 2 is much better than the first..

Sitting on an incline or sidehill for minutes at a time happens frequently in the jeep.
    I'm actually looking at getting a smaller Genright Efi tank so i can extend my wheelbase. The Genright tank has some baffles built in. But i think a sump is still something i should have.

5. B E N

I'f the baffles are setup properly then there won't be a need for an external sump. Put your efi pump in the tank and enjoy worry free fueling.

6. 91turboterror

How about using hydra mat in the genrite tank and use an Intank electric pump and boost referenced regulator without the fuel commander

I6CJ7 likes this.
  7. I6CJ7

I've been eyeballin the holley hydramat, I'm not opposed that at all, very cool product. I'd like a quiet-ish, ultra reliable setup. I won't say money is no object but I'm not one for cutting corners. I think horsepower will be around 650ish?

What in tank pump would you recommend?

8. 91turboterror

A Walbro 450 should cover you ok