1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Small exhaust port heads with turbo?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Turbo28modelA, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Turbo28modelA

0k, here is the situation . I'm building a bbf 502 CID engine with a Bullseye 86 mm turbo. Wild Bill at bullseye sAid to only go 1 7/8 max on my header tubes for the 900hp hp setup I'm building. My question is this: I was considering the p51 Bbf Jon Kaase heads that have great owing exhaust and intake ports. The heads I have are 93 cc chamber iron heads that get my compression down to around 8.5 to 1 which I think is good , but bbf exhaust runners suck. Since it will be turbocharged should I care ? The p51 heads flow great intake and exhaust . Help !!

2. 91turboterror

The iron heads will probably give you a ridiculous amount of torque.

3. Blackbeard

900 hp will be doable with iron heads. My theory is small ports just equal one click on the boost controller! (To an extent of course)

4. Turbo28modelA

Cool thanks! I'm gonna try it and see what happens. Worst case I guess is I buy different heads and re-tune later. Oh yeah and re-do the headers at least the first couple inches and flanges.

5. wantabe

Just match the header pipe to exhaust port on head...

I've seen 2800 hp with 1 7/8 inch tube