1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

small business owners

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by 99TTGT, Feb 13, 2013.

1. 99TTGT

what kind of software you guys using to print recipes on your computer?
    were you guys got it from and how much?
    thanks
    randy

2. PrecisionTurboMustang

Quick books. I probably have a spare copy laying around if you are interested in trying it.

3. wantabe

Myob accounting

4. 99TTGT

yes,that will be cool

5. Kerrdogg

As with any computer program the more information "in" the better with Cookedbooks, set aside an afternoon to set it up properly. We still use it for our accounting only now, problem is they use forced obsolesence to make you buy new programming every three years and they won't allow you to update your old system even if it works fine, features will just stop working on it or in our case we maxed out Pro and the next step was $3k, switched day to day software to HP commerace (<-Awesome support!!!, designed for motorsports).

6. PrecisionTurboMustang

If you are not using it for point of sale or payroll it will last forever :D

He asked for something to make receipts with, lol.

7. PrecisionTurboMustang

If you need credit card processing my dad does it and can set you up with crazy low rates and free equipment.

8. stangman9897

I have used this for 10 years and it's like $80 at office depot. I could probably send it and let you down load it and send it back , but let me check to see if you can use it on more than one system but i sure you can. You can make your own logo's and headings.

Invoices 1.jpg #ad

9. 99TTGT

awesome,just let me know
    thanks

- - - Updated - - -

not ready for that just yet,but i will do as soon as I am ready
    thanks

10. madspeed

Quickboojs here, but i hate the newer versions that require internet expkorer and are fkn slow compared to the 2008 version

11. Kerrdogg

Or if you grow to big, we locked ours up at 14,500 customers and you can't delete them, next step was enterprise which runs $3k ad up (Proline spent $11k or so). I still us a copy of Pro 08 everyday, just sucks when we take on a new vendor have to find an old one to delete. It's a chep and effective general use program but trust me Intuit is look at every angle to make you spend $$ every couple of years.

12. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Peachtree Accounting, now called Sage-50, great package. Unlike Quickbooks its a true accounting system. QB can let accounts get out of balance too easily, where as PT is a real double-order entry system (which is why they can call it "accounting", not "books"). It should be able to import Quickbooks files, and has a much higher limit on the number of vendors even with the low end version. Way back in the 1990s I wrote some of the graphing/charting stuff for them as a contractor. Even back then it supported 65,000+ vendors. Have used various versions on and off over the years, as well as QB. QB is easier to setup, but found PT helps maintain accurate books easier. Simple stuff I go with QB (such as TTF), but when I know its a business which relies heavily on point of sale (back when I had a parts/tuning shop) I go with PT.

And though they do have upgrade cycles, PT has always had less of a "forced upgrade" cycle than Quickbooks. Heck, they supported their MS-DOS version for over 25 years!

13. stangman9897

doc.jpg #ad

14. madspeed

kerrdog, you ve got a copy of quickbook pro 08? My favorite version, wish id never upgraded

15. PrecisionTurboMustang

That's what we are still using pro8. 80% of customers repeat year to year so I haven't run into any problems yet.

16. 10secgoal

PM me w some info will you! Threw the last assholes out on their necks. Need good rates for non swiped. Never had a chargeback.

17. 99TTGT

[​IMG]#ad

18. 99TTGT

what something like that cost?
    were do i get it?

19. 99TTGT

Guys:

anything simple and affordable out there just to make receipts/printing invoices?

maybe something that I can add a small logo and make it look cool and professional...:dontknow:

20. PrecisionTurboMustang