1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

small block header build question

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by gremlin, Aug 5, 2010.

1. gremlin

I got some flanges and some ells, my question is in mateing them together. The small block ports in the center are such a weird shape. Does it matter how well these schedule 80 ells to flanges fit? I have been beatting on the ells to try and make them fit the port as best as I can, but it isn't very easy. ANy suggestions?

2. turbo hemi

I used a vise to squeeze them to shape. hope this helps

007.JPG #ad

008.JPG #ad

009.JPG #ad

3. gremlin

It looks like I need to get my vise out. I bought one a few months back, but got side tracked and am just now getting back on my project. I saw those headers on here. Noce work. How did you get the steps up to the turbo? And does your alternaor still fit in the stock location? I noticed you moved the turbo brackets pretty far out to the sides. Thanks for the help.