1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Skinny Kid Motor plate users how are your electric water pumps mounted

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by ralphiejantz, May 13, 2008.

1. ralphiejantz

Okay
    I got the timing cover gaskets that I needed, I got everything all mocked up and ready to go,
    and I came across this
    there are 3 bolt holes around the water outlet where the water pump bolts go,
    on the CSR water pump only 2 bolts are used per side, leaving the inside hole open, and that opening on the third hole partially hits the opening in the water outlet/inlet in the timing chain cover,

you guys that are using the skinny kid motor plate and electric water pumps what are you doing about this issue ?
    I was planning on running sealant around the water outlet between the pump and the motor plate,
    any other suggestions ?

2. Bellman Jeff

I managed to get an Allen head screw in one of the holes.. The other one I had no choice but to leave open..

Another thing I did was to add spacers and 7/16" bolts thru my motor plate and into the cylinder heads.. You can see them in the picture below.. There is one on each side.. This is to help the 4 little 5/16" bolts thru the water pump that support the whole front of the engine and all of it's torque..

My engine builder said I didn't need them, but they give me more piece of mind..

3. ralphiejantz

4. Bellman Jeff

I'm sure I put sealent in the hole IF it goes thru to a water passage..

On my Dart there is a threaded accessory tab on the front of the block.. I made a plate to mount the vacuum pump to.. The plate is the right thickness to bring the vacuum pumps pulley into alignment with the crank pulley ..

I mounted this plate to the accessory tab on one end.. And made some brackets that triangulate the other ends of the plate to one of the blocks engine mounting holes.. Those engine mounting holes arn't being used for anything since I'm using the front plate..

I hope I explained it clearly..