1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Site has gone white

Discussion in 'Site Announcements, Help, Suggestions and Constructive Feedback' started by BBR, Jul 22, 2019.

1. BBR

What's going on? Can't reply to topics and the normal forum graphics are mia.

2. 91turboterror

Yeah same here. There also is text on top of text on the home page

3. TTF/Ken Staff Member

I'm not seeing it on my end so it's probably the content delivery network we use. It serves images and such from a server node closest to you, so if the server node serving your computer is having problems this will happen. I'll check in with them and get status, to see if they can resolve it. May take an hour or so before I get anything back from them.

4. BBR

Boom. It is fixed. Thanks!

5. Disney Lincoln

Comes and goes for me. Wonder if it's a browser update thing?

6. fastspec2

I find the entire title of this thread to be overtly offensive and racist. I challenge the site director to erase the hate speech, apologize publicly, ban the posting offender, publicly name and shame him, and then step down as site director under public embarrassment.

MCA likes this.
  7. BBR

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

MCA likes this.
  8. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Yeah, my bad. We're normally inclusive with white, black and grey screen elements, lol.

BBR likes this.
  9. BBR

It's gone wonky again!

10. B E N

How is it you are the one always blessed with these problems? :ahah:

11. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Here's what causes this....
    We use a content delivery network (CDN) to sends images and page formatting information to your browser.By using a CDN, your browser can fetch information a CDN "node" closest to you to speed things up.

Occasionally the CDN adds new nodes, but they don't email their clients to let us know. So sometimes our firewall blocks these new nodes as potential spam crawlers. If you are near that node, your browsing gets messed up.

Yesterday after seeing this, I checked, and it looks like they updated the nodes a couple of weeks ago. I've updated our settings to match and hopefully you can see everything normally again.

B E N, Disney Lincoln and BBR like this.
  12. BBR

I guess I am the canary in the mine. :)

B E N likes this.
  13. Pro-SC

Mine has been wonky also, using a new iPad mini 6 iOS 15.1 the whole site has been in a different format for 2 weeks or so and the reply section is so small you cannot believe it is where you are supposed to type. I wish I could figure it out as viewing the site like this is very strange.

14. silver82GT

I am having the same problem. I thought it was just because I am using Linux but it doesn't work any better with Windows 10.

15. Pro-SC

It is worse today, is there something against us canucks?

16. silver82GT

Canuck non grata?

Pro-SC likes this.
  17. silver82GT

Much better, everything is back to normal! :2thumbs::2thumbs:

18. Pro-SC

Yes yes, much better!
    Thanks for fixing

19. TTF/Ken Staff Member

This is getting frustrating tracking down the cause. I'm able to fix it when it's reported, but can't seem to nail it down and stop it from happening again. :-(

bridal-shoal