1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

REARMOUNT TURBO BLAZER IS DONE!!! PICS AND VID

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by 02vortec, Oct 1, 2006.

1. 02vortec

BEFORE I START-
    GETTING A 90DEGREE FITTING FOR THE OIL RETURN LINE 2 MORO SO IT DOESNT HANG @ ALL ANYMORE- AND STILL GOTTA FAB AN EXHAUST !!!!!

SET-UP
    TO4E 60trim
    intercooled
    greddy type-s BOV
    Turbonetics Evolution wastegate 38mm
    Base turbo tune
    Adjustable FMU
    Procharger inline fuel pump
    AEM UEGO wideband

only @ 4psi for now

i really need to get it on jackstand and get better pictures but here is what i got-

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

VIDEO-!!!@#%#$@^@#
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b3b79369-c6a1-4bfd-a6d2-984d012217da.htm

2. Explorer5.0

sweet setup. Can you post more pics? Did you use 2" charge pipe? I would like to see a video without the background music, it is hard to really hear the truck over it.

3. 02vortec

2" charge pipe from turbo 2 intercooler- 2.5" from i/c to TB- taking more pics 2moro

4. Explorer5.0

Where does your wastegate sample from?

5. 02vortec

its right infront of the turbo- im gonna put it up on jackstand 2 moro and get much better pictures

6. 78pinto

very cool! Love the rims...what are they?

7. 02vortec

hot wheels sixty-eight 17x8's

8. Attatoy

they look like mach one rims!

9. Allen2001GT

cool, looks good.

10. SLOW L8LY

Looks sick, dude. Nice work.

11. tim

MORE PICS PLZ I have a 2001 jimmy and i was thinking of boosting it along with my 01 frontier

12. Explorer5.0

any updates?

13. spraydlx

What did you do for oil return???

14. dropt_98_dakota

That is what I was thinking about also when I looked at the pic. With that low mounted turbo the return should be going into a seperate sump then pumped back into the oil pan. with it the way it is in the picks the oil won't drain properly from the turbo.

15. Explorer5.0

I am pretty sure he is running a Mocal pump... http://racerpartswholesale.com/mocal1.htm

16. MikeSVO

Yeah, that's exactly what it is. He was going to put on a 90* thing there so the hose wouldn't be straight down with a gradual bend, but I don't know if he got to it. We're pretty much out of the rainy season now, but the way that thing is mounted pretty much negates any bad weather/off-roading abilities the thing once had.

Lately I've been looking into a solution to that crappy intake and EFI setup. All you'd have to do is get SOME aluminum 4.3 manifold and put injector bungs in it, then make a box for the upper and stick a throttle body on it. DONE. And it sure as hell isn't going to cost $500+ like some yahoos are asking for marine or Sy/Ty manifolds or whatever. This IS the DIY section, isn't it? :D

If I were doing this myself, I'd make manifold like that, then get a Sy/Ty computer and injectors, biggest intercooler I could get and then go from there.

17. Explorer5.0

how about this... http://www.twoguysgarage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6869

or this with an adapter to use a Mustang throttle body ... http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/edl-2111.jpg

But, this stuff isnt required at the power levels he is at.

18. MikeSVO

Yeah, I mean the concept isn't all that hard. Get something that bolts to the motor and has ports that line up, and you're 90% there. That manifold they made looks neat, but doesn't that put the injectors inside the plenum? Not worried about the airflow, but what about the wires for the injectors? I don't know, I'm at work so I didn't read EVERYTHING on there.

As for not needing it at any given power level...I guess I look at it the other way. That shit injection is what's keeping him from getting there. I look at a stock Syclone, and it's rated at 280 hp or so, right? That should be a starting point if you ask me. You KNOW they limit stuff from the factory so it's reliable. That should be pretty easy to attain.

Stock parts are usually pre-engineered pretty well, which is why I like to use them as much as possible.