1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Got a little project to get some ideas on.

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by Attatoy, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Attatoy

well i have been werkin like a dog to get my toy back on the road after taking on link suspention and a little frame narrowing. that led to fuel cell and a few other things to make every thing werk out.

89 5.0 , twin t-3s,(swaping to to4b that is beside me right now)
    tweecer
    supra trans,
    12 front disks,
    11 inch rears,
    6 inch narrowed mustang rear end
    blah blah blah
    looking for some opinions on my set up here. obviously traction is my issue! fuel cell fits right in the rear part of the frame and is aprox 15-20 gallons(30x20x10)
    I thoughh i should add that my upper link is adjustable 4 holes on the frame side, and the lowers are the same on the diff side. i am second to bottom on the lowers and 2nd to top on the upper!

frameshots001.jpg #ad

frameshots002.jpg #ad

frameshots005.jpg #ad

frameshots006.jpg #ad

frameshots007.jpg #ad

2. Traction Issuez

Looks like you'll have to run a 28" tire just to keep it from dragging the frame

3. Attatoy

i had 17(245\40\17) and had about 6 inches to frame . more then most lowerd cars any how, but am planing on 295 35 17 dr's. hoping to keep it kinda sleeper like!

4. Red91StangCT

Please explain the supra transmission. What do i have to do to make it fit my 91 5.0. I drove a mk3 supra, and the transmission was just awesome to shift.

5. Attatoy

6. Attatoy

not to complain, but you mean to tell me you pros have no advice as to weather my set up with werk or not........i would so rather fix it now , then later. do you need more info or photos?

7. TT87VERT

What part of your "setup" are you wondering about. The frame work looks good. Maybe I don't understand the question.

8. Traction Issuez

There is a suspension forum

9. Attatoy

my set up is mostly my link set up......just looking for some critisison, i can link to the suspention section , but was also showing my DIY link suspention.

10. sixthgear

This should be nice when done, can't wait to see it around town. How is my Tweecer working out for ya?

11. Attatoy

good........well great . Still happy about the deal! It will be back in vic soon. i am starting a job at furious rides in etown!