1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Single turbo kit for windsor BUILD IN AUSTRALIA NEED UR HELP BOYS

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by mickyyyy, Jan 20, 2009.

1. mickyyyy

Hi All,

My name is Michael and i live in Australia and im looking to build a single turbo windsor XR8 Falcon sedan. Apparently my engine bay is the same size and clerance as ur mustang 86-93 model ALSO WE HAVE THE SAME ROLLER 302 WINDSOR ENGINE IN 86-93 MUSTANG in my car.

Ive been looking at the B&G turbo kits and thats what i need exactly. A turbo manifold setup that hugs the engine as much as possible and want the turbo it sit exactly the way they have there kit setup.

Some questions

How good is the B&G manifolds?
    Is there any other brand that has the exact same setup as B&G?

A picture of my car which the turbo setup will go into

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Engine bay shots

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

All help will be greatly appreciated :2thumbs:

:cheers:

From Michael down under

2. turbo66

Be carefull the factory block is pretty weak, 600 real HP is pushing things, check out the stock block cronicles for some pics....
    I was running an early block @ 650hp and everything was at its limit on taredown and it was built with arp studs and bolt etc
    :)

3. mickyyyy

turbo66

Im aware of that and dont want to push the stock block, all i want is a nice 400rwhp and ill be happy.

Looks like all u boys here are pushing everything on its limits HAHAHAHAHA

Just want 2 get the turbo manifolds sorted then move onto turbo i want and all that stuff. The main problem is just the manifolds for clearance and all.

Any good links u can direct me 2 single turbo setups on stock blocks would be great :2thumbs:

4. 1sicpny

Check out mr.enforcer in australia matt's a great guy i know him personally he builds some nice turbo kits. Check in the Dyno forum look for john's twin turbo camaro It's a yenko matt built that turbo kit.

5. mickyyyy

Me enforcer does great work and so many other here in Australia but to do it all here is big dollars. So i thought i can get the manifolds from USA and get the rest here.

I can get a mate of mine to modify the manifolds if need be but i dont think they will need much work to make them fit.

6. mickyyyy

Anymore help guys

PRETTY PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ hahahaha :cheers:

7. mickyyyy

Any feedback guys???

8. xr8tt

Sheesh..
    Buy some 1 1/2 steam pipe 90* bends and some 32mm pipe and make your own..
    Flange plates can be bought local exh shop or www.liverpoolexhaust.com.au
    Beg, steel or borrow a mig welder and learn .. I made my own and ceramic coated them..
    You cannot really go off pics or measurements etc..
    It realy needs to be custom made..
    Read and search ..
    https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?board=15.0

9. saleen9973

Try ponydown performance.

10. mickyyyy

Sweet thanks dude

11. mickyyyy

Anyone else that do a single turbo manifold for 86-93 mustang?

Also what turbo would i need if i want it to come on boost at 2500rpm? i will have a C4 with 3000rpm converter with 3.7 diff ratio.

12. Racinjason81

you should swap those rear gears to see more boost in lower gears to something like a 3.27 ratio. if you want a super quick spooling turbo
    it could end up choking up top. the t70 with a .68ex would do just fine and is good to 600hp.

13. mickyyyy

Im suprised that a .68ex will do the job, i was thinking at least .84ex so it wont spool to quick as i want everything under 2500rpm to be like driving a normal car. Especially coming to hills i dont want to be on boost.

14. mickyyyy

Anymore advice for me guys?

15. sceric

show bg turbo some love. thats some really good advice.

16. mickyyyy

I intend on buying a turbo kit from BG, just need to work out if it will fit my engine bay and hopefully it does. Apparently a fox body turbo setup will fit my engine bay.

Whats the difference between a fox body and other mustang bodies?

17. turbo66

Earlier stangs were basically falcons wth fancy sheet metal, ie 70's were equivalent to XC bays late 60's were like XW XY and early girls were like XM XP ;)

18. mickyyyy

Sweet, anymore info u want to share with me??? hehehe

Thanks for the info dude :2thumbs:

19. nicme02

My son is doing an XH ute and we used fox body mustang single turbo manifold setup from the states and only 1 minor mod and cleaned up the tig welding.
    We are using a T72 turbonetics turbo with 84 ar and dart block with RHS heads.
    1000HP 1979 - 1993 FORD MUSTANG Single Turbo Hot Parts Manifolds Headers 5.0L 5L
    ( 252036823943 ) EBAY USA site or use CX racing setup
    This is the setup we bought and for the price and only 1 mod its so much cheaper. Turbo mounts were your battery use to be.
    Also if you want i have a spare brand new GT3584 dual ceramic ballbearing stage 3 turbo with anti surge brand new it cost me $660 will sell for $400 and has T4 flange thats if you are st

20. Pro-SC

You do realize that this thread was from 2009?
    Also do not forget when you purchase cheep Chinese copy manifolds that most crack and fall apart very quickly.
    This ends up costing more than if you bought the right parts to start with instead of using them to replace the cheep quality manifolds.
    I suggest searching more and let your head do the thinking, it will save you a lot of time and headache and money.