1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Single turbo for 318

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by furz4, Feb 15, 2022.

1. furz4

What would you guys recommend for a single turbo 318 looking to make 15# max at 6000 RPM. Engine has 8.5 comp, forged pistons, magnum heads, 340 camshaft 650 carb. I had thought about a gt45 but would like something more compact and easier to fit under the hood of my Dart.

MoreDoorVal likes this.
  2. SpartanSV

Basing everything off of a max boost number doesn't make any sense to me.

Decide how much power you want to make. That should dictate your turbo choice.

3. furz4

I should have added more information. I should be making 280-300 NA horsepower at the crank and would like to end up around 450 to 500 at the crankshaft. Should be able to get there on 10 to 12 pounds of boost if intake and exhaust aren't too restrictive.

4. B E N

S362 is the gut reaction, if you are looking for china cheap the s366 clone or T4 gt35 would do it.

5. furz4

How do the cheep china turbos hold up? I have seen magazine builds use them but a build for a dyno run for a magazine is alot different then everyday use on the street.

6. KEVINS

Years and years ago the China parts got a bad rap b/c of parts breaking but these days they are holding up great and there hasn't been issues that I have read.

ks

7. Mnlx

S366. They can be found in genuine BW, and China versions at a decent price. Good all around turbo for something making 300hp na.

B E N likes this.