1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Questions on Little TA0301 T3 for 2 liter engine

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Duncan, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Duncan

Here the specs

-Model: Garrett/Airesearch TA0301 (T3 Series)
    -Compressor Trim: 50
    -Compressor Housing a/r: .42
    -Turbine Housing a/r: .48

Thinking about putting it on a 2 liter BMW M10 engine in my 72 2002.

I have a brand new one I got for free, it just so small. Really appreciatge your opinions.

Thanks

2. Duncan

Don't everyone answer at once. Anyone?

3. Andy Dorsett

Post the specs of the engine and you will get more responses. People are not going to go look up what a BMW whatever is for you.

4. BlownShovel

It looks good and is free I say use it. Many 2.3ford guys put .50 trim .63 ar turbines on as an upgrade. I think the smaller .48 turbine will help it spool and the 50 trim should push some air for you.

Post up a build in the Sport Compact section when you get a chance.

5. Duncan

That is what I was thinking but its always nice when someone else confirms what your already thinking know what I mean. This is was going on my hayabusa but I went ball bearing. Its brand new and got I it for free so I figured what the hell.

It's a 2 liter engine I gave the turbo specs. Nobody had to look up anything for me. I just asked for opinions if that little turbo would would be worth running on a 2 liter engine.
    What other specs you want? I could fill the page with specs but I gave the only pertinent ones.

6. firechicken

A 50 trim T3 could go 250 or so hp depending on engine rpm and amount of boost.
    I'd say it's a good match for a 2 liter street car. Would spool quick and probably make 200 hp @ 6500 with 10 psi.
    Brand new and free? Go for it.

7. Andy Dorsett

Engine speed is critical and you left that out at least for those of us that are not familiar with the engine already. A lot of small engines spin very fast. A 2L that spins 8000rpm needs the same turbo that a 4L that spins 4000rpm needs.

8. Duncan

Thanks this is all I'm shooting for while I build my spare engine got a GT35R I unfortunantely didn't get for free.
    This thing is just tiny. I just got to remind myself it's a little less than half an engine I'm working with. This is my first four banger well with four wheels.

Thanks man.

9. xr8tt

Keep in mind a VF24 on a Subaru makes 206 kw.. Thats 270 h.p...
    Seems these are fitted to 3 ltr diesels..