1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Looking for options.....

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by bdmach1, Apr 2, 2009.

1. bdmach1

Hey guys........started working on my build and gonna order some material. While making my parts list, I ran into a little bit of a snag. :doh: I'm trying to figure out what to use to connect my 3" aluminum cold side pipe to the throttle body on my Mach 1. Looking for some help on what some of you guys have used on your own builds. :cheers:

Thanks
    Bob

2. SHOWTIME!!

All of my buddies have always just used rubber boots with V band clamps. Never blew one off.

3. bdmach1

Do you mean like some kind of a transition hose??? :huh: If so, do you know what size they used???

4. SHOWTIME!!

Yes, i was having trouble thinking of the right word :stupid: I am going up to his house tomorrow and i will ask him about the size.

5. bdmach1

Cool.....let me know!!! :2thumbs:

6. 281tt

hellion has a oval to round adaptor, your talking about your oval throttle body to 3 pipe right? you could also use a 4 to 3 inch reducer, but the hellion piece is nice.

7. bdmach1

Yes! I need to go from my 3" coldside pipe to my oval throttle body. I was thinking that a 4 to 3 transition coupler might do the trick, just wanted to find out what other people have used in their builds.

8. 99TTGT

Call VS RACING 972-987-5607
    talk to Byron he will take care of you, great guy to deal with.! :2thumbs:

9. T76 Mach

Used the Hellion piece on my Mach and has never let me down 20+psi :2thumbs:

10. bdmach1

Is your cold side pipe 3" going to the throttlebody????

11. blackonblacksls

you need a 4.5 or 4.25 to 3inch adapter..

then you just need to oval out the 3inch pipe a tad, and it will go together no problem.

12. bdmach1

13. 97_Cobra

my friend has a few at his shop i beleive my throttle body on my 98 slobra is about the same size as your throttle body, i can see if your interested...

14. bdmach1

pm me details if you could.

15. bdmach1

Just ordered all my material from Darren@Racepart Solutions, had everything what I was looking for all in one place. You were right blackon black.......4.25" to 3" hose coupling. Thanks for the help! :2thumbs:

Bob