1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

share their turbo timing table for fitech power adder

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Cody, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Cody

I have a chevy 383 blow through turbo with a 1200 power adder fi tech. Can anyone help me with the timing numbers I can plug into the handheld at each RPM they ask for. Not sure how much to take out!

2. B E N

Your out of boost and cruise numbers can start at somewhere around stock values, then you'll need to pull out at least 2 degrees per pound of boost. You can tune from there, take it easy and be conservative to start. It's better to start out easy and work your way up than get too aggressive and damage the engine.

3. Cody

Can you tell me how different I will need to gap my spark plugs. I assume with the boost it will need to be gapped a lot closer than 45

4. tbird

Need more info to answer these questions.
    compression, boost , fuel, power adder, etc

5. Cody

8.8 to 1. Fuel is 93 octane. 76 mm turbo the go port efi. Boost around 10-12lbs

6. tbird

IMO.
    11.7 afr, 25-28 degrees at 10 psi. Base timing 36 and pulling it down .75-1.0 per lbs
    Plug gap .028

If you have an intercooler then you will probably be more in the .5 per lbs

7. Mnlx

Play it safe though, these type of threads can go very wrong.... If you're not ready, or able to tune your spark tables, then you should find a tuner, and a dyno.

tbird likes this.