1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Holset compressor wheel efficient at low boost.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by D_newt802, May 24, 2024.

1. D_newt802

Hey everyone. I'm rebuilding a holset center section (I believe he341, free from a buddy) and im wondering if there is a compressor wheel I can use that will be efficient in the lower boost area .4 - .8 bar on a 3.2 liter vr6 engine. Looking for 350-400 crank horsepower (ish) and an engine that wants to eat all the time. Keeping stock 11-1 compression

Car has a gtx3076 1.06 (China). That I like and would even consider dropping to .82 on hot side.
    Holset will most likely be running a 10cm hy35 hot side (stock hy35/341/351 turbine wheel). Just need guidance on compressor wheel because I've heard Holsets like high boost and this car won't see more than .5 bar of boost 90% of the time. I will not need "room to grow". When this setup is done it will be left as is. This is just a fun daily for smiles and the love of the game. Thanks ahead of time.

2. Wallace

There used to be compressor maps for the holsets. Dig around you might find something.

jbliss15 and D_newt802 like this.
  3. Forcefed86

search around on the diesel sites. you can get 60mm wheels and housings for those. Believe they have 55ish mm as well.

Likely cheaper to buy a complete knock off turbo thats bigger than what you have though. Loos at the S361-s366 clones.