1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fixed boost leaks... now boost is building SLOWER whyyy? HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by xxfastangxx, Oct 21, 2010.

1. xxfastangxx

So I fixed like 4 boost leaks that I had and now for some reason when I get 11 psi it takes a while for it to get up to 15psi... why? If anything shouldn't it be faster? :bang:

I checked with a boost leak tester and I don't hear anything anymore... before it was BAD.

2. xxfastangxx

Found my header gasket blew out... fixed it.. and its exactly the same. wth

Curious, would a rich condition cause boost to build slower?

3. xtremechvycamaro

possibly the bov is leaking once you hit 11psi? try tightening it f you can and seeing is that changes anything

4. turbofreek

Check signal hoses to the gate and boost controller for hole in them. And try the bov if its adjustable.

5. xxfastangxx

so now its building boost... out of the blue. :stupid:

But... its still running rich as hell. If i give it like 1/4 throttle it pegs the wideband to rich and runs like ass. Can't even get out of its own way.