1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Big Stuff for a 2 valve

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Up2par, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Up2par

Okay guys, I am planning on utilizing Big Stuff for my 2 valve engine mgt. but i am unsure what would be best, add a Dist or utilize Coils. Single Turbo currently around 700 Hp and Torque utilizing SCT. Is there a specific model of Big Stuff to use for Mod motors? Any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks...

2. Turbo Terror

the bigstuffs you have to order for a mod motor if you want to use the gm coils from the way their pricing looks. If it were my car I would add the distributor. You will be able to run some really hot coils and they seem to be way more reliable and have less noise issues in the wiring. Many will disagree with me on this and many will say a distributor is for race applications but there are people that run them on the street with no issues.
    I also like the distributor because you can run a flying magnet crank trigger for better precision in your timing, you can run whatever ignition box you want (and replace easily if it fails), and you can run whatever coil you want to for the most part.

3. Up2par

Thanks for your response, I will give Mark and crew a call regarding the Distributer setup that they sell. Besides MMR and Bridge Racing, who else sells this set up for mod motors?

4. bdmach1

I went with the distributor setup as well, wanted to keep it simple. I know people who have had trouble with COP in the past and I have never much cared for the LS1 coil setups under the hood, really clutters up the engine compartment! Here is my distributor setup I just got back from Bridge Racing, Spend the cash and be done with it, you'll be glad you did! :2thumbs:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad